Coming home for holiday break is a blast. Heading back to school wondering if you're going to make times at your first practice, not so much.
Our annual Homegrown for the Holidays Winter League (HG4H) offers, collegiate and post-collegiate players, an opportunity to re-connect and compete. See the crew, swap a few stories and most importantly keep your sticks and feet moving over the holiday break.
The league provides the following for each game:
• Certified UMLOA officials
• Certified EMT's equipped with AED's
• Professional Site Managers / Scorekeepers
• December 23, 2018: Game 1: 9:30 - 11:00 AM / Game 2 : 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM @ Academy of Holy Angels.
• December 26, 2018: Game 1: 2:30 - 3:45 PM / Game 2 : 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM @ Concordia University.
• December 29, 2018: Game 1: 12:00 - 1:15 PM / Game 2 : 1:15 PM - 2:30 PM @ Concordia University.
Structure: 16-minute quarters. Pre-game stick draw to determine teams. Techno music provided. Mouth-guard and shoulder pads required. Goalies must wear a chest and neck protector.
Skill Level: While not a pre-requisite, a high level of skill & or experience is strongly recommended. While not overly intense, games are generally very fast paced and competitive.
Eligibility: Leagues are open to men 18 years of age or older. All participants must have an up to date US Lacrosse memberships or pay a $15 supplemental insurance fee.
Participation Fee: $28 per game.
Player registration deadline is December 17, 2018
Registrations are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Registrations received after the deadline will incur a $10 late fee.
Homegrown Lacrosse is a registered 501c(3) non-profit organization. Team fees cover facility, officials, EMT, field staff, equipment and league administration costs. Additional proceeds and sponsorships sustain, expand and develop service-based initiatives throughout the region.